February 9, 2017

Top Ten Thursday: Sleepless in Seattle

This week's Top Ten Thursday is to choose one of these movies: Rainman; The Wedding Planner; Pretty Woman; Ocean's Eleven; When Harry met Sally; Sleepless in Seattle; Analyse this/that; Forrest Gump; Breakfast at Tiffany's; Any James Bond movie starring Sean Connery; and choose ten scenes and talk about them.

Sleepless in Seattle is one of my favorite Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie aside from You've got mail. These are some of my favorite moments in the movie:

"Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental."

01/ Sam drops off someone at the airport and spotted Annie from a distance and then sort of chased after her but she was gone too soon  - I sort of have a love-hate relationships with these almost-meet moments, drives me crazy sometimes but this one was sweet and you kind of wish Sam did catch up withe Annie but then the movie would be over...

02/ Sam saw Annie from across the road with the cars passing between them - another not-quite chance meeting but they did said 'Hello,' so that's something, right?

03/ Sam and his friends Suzy and Greg discuss crying over certain movie scenes - totally hilarious!

04/ Annie walks into her brother Dennis' office and sort of confessed about Sam and Seattle & Dennis responded that it rains nine months out of the year in Seattle - I thought this was quite funny but the part about the rain in Seattle is probably not true, I searched the web but the answer various a bit

05/ Annie and Becky watches An Affair to Remember which is a movie that Sleepless in Seattle is based on - An Affair to Remember is mentioned a couple of times, it's a nice homage to the movie

"That's your problem, you don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie."

06/ Annie takes the radio inside a closet along with the phone with her friend Becky on the other side and her fiancé Walter founds her there - I seem to remember this scene a lot and I like how Annie seems to subconsiously hiding what she is doing from Walter

Jay: “Well, this is fate! She's divorced,  we don't want to redo the cabinets,  and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?” Sam: “The Bermuda Triangle.”

07/ Sam asked his friend Rob, "So, how's my butt?" - pretty silly but strangely it seems to stay in my memory for no good reason

08/ Annie is peeling an apple and listening to the radio where Sam talked about how great his late wife was and they both said 'magic' - Come on, who doesn't like this scene?

09/ Annie goes to Becky's office and she makes excuses to look into the story of Sleepless in Seattle - like they were doing something for work but really, we know it's personal, well, it's becoming personal

“Annie, when you're attracted to someone,   it just means that your subconscious is   attracted to their subconscious,   subconsciously. So what we think of   as fate is just two neuroses knowing   that they are a perfect match.”

10/ Sam finally meets Annie at the top of the Empire State Building - this was the last scene of the movie and I sort of half hate it because the kid Jonah was there, I mean, he sort of kills the mood a bit doesn't he or is that just me?

Have you seen Sleepless in Seattle? What's your favorite scene in the movie? 
 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. me too, but it's fun to watch again.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. GREAT list, Love this movie so much!
    I think when Sam drops off Victoria at the airport he tries to explain to Jonah that he doesn't need to worry, he (Sam) was not gonna marry Victoria, he was just trying her out, it was gonna take many dates because you don't just magically meet someone you like - that's when Annie walks by. I'll have to watch it again to be sure.
    Fun fact is also that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson (who plays his sister's character) have been married in real life.

    When I got to spend some time in Seatlle last spring I visited some filming locations:
    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2016/04/a-z-blogging-challenge-s-is-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like too, I would go and check out the film location in nyc, it's like sort of being part of the movie just seeing the actual filming places.

      & I do know Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson is married, just a fact that don't really interest unless they are onscreen together.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you remember that movie soooo well! I loved it too but can;t recall details. "You've Got mail",however, I recall better as I've seen it three times or so I think. I love that movie! :)

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut