March 20, 2017

Starting Fresh

I dreamed a thousand new paths. . . I woke and walked my old one. -Chinese proverb
Starting fresh is my only way to start anything. Or maybe it's an excuse not to do anything. So I have removed old posts from this blog leaving only the recent ones.

I have to admit I'm in a blogging slump. I still post. Well, once a week, which compare to my previous activities is perhaps just a little less which also means not much at all.

This post would have been longer except I keep deleting text every time I reread what I wrote so I'll just leave this post short.

What do you do to start fresh on your blog?

7 comments:

  1. I just love your art, it's so pretty and tranquil. :)

    I'm in a blog slump too! *high fives for sadness*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone's in a blog slump when you think about it, most people are at their social media sites...

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately I don't ever change much, it's just the way I am take it or leave it for now! Many times a photo I take can get me started on a post. Then I have to be in a good frame of mind to write something constructive. Then there's always news, all kinds of news. Lovely art today by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could post every day like you, there is a lot I simply don't care to post, it's probably why I usually end up with nothing to post.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. It's horrible being in a blog slump.. Here's hoping you get inspired soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I'm hoping but really, that's all you can do.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. "Starting fresh is my only way to start anything. Or maybe it's an excuse not to do anything. So I have removed old posts from this blog leaving only the recent ones."
    --that is a great way to make it feel fresh without having to do a whole redesign or URL! Easier for us who follow you too I suppose.

    What do I do? nothing really. It's Alexandra who pushes me to change out the layout or template when it starts getting old. I jsut choose the colours and font size and she does the rest, as like you, she enjoys that. Since I do that sort of thing for regular work, I find it too work like to do it for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut